IP Locator Cloud Service helps you identify an Internet user’s geographical information, including: country, region, city, latitude and longitude, postal code, ISP and domain name using a proprietary IP address lookup database and technology.
Melissa Data’s IP Locator Cloud Service uses 20 different techniques to determine the physical location of an IP address. This comprehensive IP data makes it ideal for making the most of your current Web traffic.
- Profile Web traffic by geographical location
- Understand your visitors better by geographical location
- Prevent password sharing and abuse of service
- Reduce credit card fraud
- Launch targeted ad campaigns
- Provides a comprehensive set of global IPv4 addresses (covers 99.999% of the internet)
- Returns lat/long data, postal code, region, connection speed, connection type and more
- Updated weekly
- Supports multiple protocols including JSON and REST
- Free unlimited technical support. Learn more.
- Also available as a plugin for SQL Server and Pentaho
Filter Access from Countries Selected
IP Locator Cloud Service can be used to identify problematic IP addresses or ranges – those that have shown a propensity for spam abuse, etc. For example, you can integrate IP Locator Cloud Service into your custom programming to determine your user’s location. When you identify that one potential customer is located in a high-risk country you can deny or block that IP address from accessing your site.
More Dynamic, Targeted Marketing
IP locator technology can help you customize marketing messages to a specific audience – based on their geographic location. Your prospects and customers will click on your advertisement, because your message is more personalized to their location.
What is an IP address?
An IP (Internet Protocol) Address is a unique set of numbers (for example, 182.778.0.2) assigned to each computer. Like the unique street address assigned to a physical residence or business, the IP address distinguishes one networked computer from another. Melissa Data analyzes the IP Addresses of your Web visitors and appends valuable geographical information to each address.